- “Don’t hold back in authentic truth telling – or truth listening – in your relationships.”
- “Don’t hold back in remembering God loves you, even if you are telling a truth that’s uneasy to say (or listening to someone else’s raw but truthful viewpoint).
- Don’t hold back from seeing Christ in the unhoused neighbor, the sick, or the hungry;
- Don’t hold back in seeking God’s voice; it is all around us but often we do not recognize it;
- Don’t hold back to transformation ourselves through ministry with others (it’s not just ministering TO others; greater authenticity is enabled by our openness to be transformed when we are engaged in ministry truly WITH others);
- Don’t hold back your pain, your peace or joy, your torment, or your experience of resisting evils.
Have a great weekend!
Written version of the video-prayer is just below:
I pray for strength to grow your justice
for neighbors hungry and denied… Oh God trust us /
we need you, we need your liberating hand
to free our minds from self-addicted strands /
Oh God pride, it’s our pride high-5ing in endless selfie thumps
Lord transform, God transform our ego-echoes with your Holy Fist Bump /
And expand our doubting squints toward our lost, lone neighbor
to a wide-eyed willingness to lift her labor /
Now compel oh compel any privileged toward acts of sacrifice
so deprived neighbors thrive on — more than beggar’s lice /
Please freeze our greed & melt it away with merciful justness
God seam anew all ego-separations to grow your justice /
I pray for strength to grow your justice.